FORUMS: list search recent posts

using Apple ProRes PROXY for grading ??

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mathieu Thibaut
using Apple ProRes PROXY for grading ??
on Dec 3, 2012 at 8:58:59 pm

Hello,

I'm doing the color correction of a short movie. The editor gave me the Apple Prores Proxy conversion of footage that came from a Canon 650 that was handy to edit with.

Is this format also handy for grading ? or will it mislead me in my perception of the colors ? is there too much loss in the colors ?

Can I work with that material and only render the final version with a conversion to Apple Prores 422 ?
Or should I just ask the editor to convert the original footage to Apple PR422 now and work with it?

thanks a lot.

M

Return to posts index

Sareesh Sudhakaran
Re: using Apple ProRes PROXY for grading ??
on Dec 4, 2012 at 10:13:52 am

I'm not certain what you mean by your last sentence. However, both Prores 422 and HQ are acceptable. Which version you choose depends primarily on how much you want to 'push' the image in grading. I wouldn't recommend LT for grading, though.

http://www.wolfcrow.com - Workflow information and support for filmmakers, photographers, audiographers and videographers.

Return to posts index

Mathieu Thibaut
on Dec 4, 2012 at 10:38:37 am

Hi, thanks for your answer,

my question is rather to know if I can use Apple Prores Proxy to work for grading, knowing that eventually I'll use Apple Prores 422 for the final rendering ?

Return to posts index

Sareesh Sudhakaran
on Dec 4, 2012 at 10:51:22 am

I wouldn't recommend it. I'd say the minimum is LT (100 Mbps), but I wouldn't advise anything lower than 422 (147 Mbps).

http://www.wolfcrow.com - Workflow information and support for filmmakers, photographers, audiographers and videographers.

Return to posts index

Mathieu Thibaut
on Dec 4, 2012 at 11:23:36 am

ok thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]