FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon EOS Micro 4/3 Lenz Adapter

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Pribramsky
Canon EOS Micro 4/3 Lenz Adapter
on Nov 24, 2012 at 10:48:10 pm

This may not be an original thread but I can't seem to find a clear answer elsewhere.. So kindly direct me if I'm asking in the wrong place.

I own a Panasonic Lumix GH-2, I want to use some Canon lenses (they're quality is way awesome compared to the kit lens that came with my camera) and I have found several Micro Four Thirds adapters but I've read that the Canon lens apature is adjusted through the cameras system (mine being a Panasonic, I can't do that). I have found an adapter that lets me manually adjust the aperture on the adapter, but is there an adapter that will let me adjust the apature through my camera or is the manual adapter better.

I'm fairly new to this so please forgive me if I am not clear about something or posting in the wrong spot.
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Bill Bruner
Re: Canon EOS Micro 4/3 Lenz Adapter
on Nov 26, 2012 at 4:41:43 am

Hi Steven. There are three ways to mount Canon EOS lenses on your GH2, ranging from least expensive to most expensive:

1. $18 dumb adapter - your Canon lenses will remain at their widest aperture with no ability to control aperture either from the lens or the camera. Not good.

2. $50 EF (not EF-S) lens adapter with manual iris ring built-in - allows manual control of aperture - sometimes causes vignetting.

3. $598 Metabones electronic adapter - allows full aperture control of Canon EOS lenses. Works, but costs almost as much as a GH2 body.

Hope this is helpful,

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]