FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon EOS 5D mark 2/3 Capable with my Imac

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Mark
Canon EOS 5D mark 2/3 Capable with my Imac
on Nov 21, 2012 at 11:38:12 pm

I have been thinking of getting the Canon EOS mark II-III either one, I wanted to know if my IMac could handle these file codecs "video files". It's not the most powerful mac, and I'll give the specs;
Intel Core I3
4GB ram
3.6Ghz
134GB free space etc;
So not the most powerful mac on the market, but so far my Nikon D7000 DSLR is working great and smoothly on my mac, and I'm editing with Adobe Premiere Pro. So could this Canon D5 mark II or III be able to run smoothly and editing without lag on my Imac?

Thank you.

A News Graphic Lover

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
Re: Canon EOS 5D mark 2/3 Capable with my Imac
on Nov 22, 2012 at 5:22:32 pm

I would start by upgrading both your memory (to the maximum amount it can hold or at least 16 GBs) and upgrade your hard drive to at least 1 TB. And if you value your footage, get a RAID 1. I buy mine from OWC they are a good company and have very reasonably priced RAID configurations. You can buy a HD or RAID from them that has both eSata, FW and USB 3.0 or TB now. I would at least buy one with a USB 3.0. The prices for TB are really way too expensive and the new Macs now support USB 3.0 (one positive step since Jobs died).

You should be able to handle the footage. Just be patient. I have a few drives still on my machine with 800 FW, works fine, a bit slow. Esata is better, much better. Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 is also great. I think that OWC can actually install an esata port for you if you want, as I don't believe you have the expansion option on that.

Al

Return to posts index

John Mark
on Nov 22, 2012 at 8:21:10 pm

Thanks for the great reply AI.

A News Graphic Lover

Return to posts index

Brown Maty
on Jan 7, 2013 at 7:36:42 am

Yes, the 5DMark 3 recorded HD videos are supported by Adobe Premiere Pro. But if you wouldn' get the orignal quality for editing.

Signature: Are you Canon EOS C300 users? If so, do you want to get the MXF recordings ...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]