FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon 7D Partial Video Corruption

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Casey J Porter
Canon 7D Partial Video Corruption
on Oct 16, 2012 at 4:21:25 pm

I've been shooting over 30 short introductions for a client to use for their media. This has happened twice so far and that is what ever is moving the most in frame, a locked off shot with someone talking, the face is corrupt for only about two seconds then it clears back up. But that corruption covered the whole face. I recently upgraded to the latest firmware and was wondering if that has anything to do with it? On another shoot I also filmed a car driving into frame and the same thing happened, corruption only over the moving car for about two seconds. All this happened after the upgrade.

Any ideas?

Thank You.

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
Re: Canon 7D Partial Video Corruption
on Oct 17, 2012 at 3:05:54 pm

Have upgraded, no sign of corruption. What cards are you using?

Al

Return to posts index

Casey J Porter
on Oct 18, 2012 at 12:17:07 am

Promaster CF, two 8GB, two 16GB.

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
on Oct 18, 2012 at 12:31:59 am

Professional or Performance?

Also, if the cards are at fault, as I understand it, the Promasters have a lifetime warranty. Perhaps you should return one and see if it's the card?

I've read so many horror stories of card failures, and I have had bad luck with Lexmark for example, that I've found Sandisk Extreme Pro's to be bullet proof, so I stay with them now. I've never experienced a card failure with them, and that was not true with Lexmark.

Good luck.

Al

Return to posts index

Casey J Porter
on Oct 18, 2012 at 2:04:37 am

Awesome. Thank you very much. I'm going to contact Promaster and get with them.

Return to posts index

Terence Kearns
on Oct 18, 2012 at 3:16:51 am

And always roll tape with a backup camera. That's what my 500D is for. flash cards aren't really reliable enough for "mission critical" applications (like one-time only shoots).

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
on Oct 18, 2012 at 5:41:15 am

I shoot plenty of 'one time shoots' with cards. I don't worry about cards at all since Sandisk. I would never shoot a backup 'a' with tape, absurd. If i'm concerned, I step up to an xf105/305 with dual cf card slots, and mirroring.

But i'm not saying that his problem might not be the camera. Start with the most likely failure point.

Al

Return to posts index

Terence Kearns
on Oct 18, 2012 at 7:52:29 am

"roll tape" is a figure of speech. I thought that was obvious.

Return to posts index

Ervin Tia
on Oct 18, 2012 at 11:25:00 pm

I'm not sure if you're doing it already, a card reformat ensures a clean slate (card), helps reduce glitches.

I usually do it before any major shoot. Important to do it in the device (camera).

---------------
Ervz | Check out some videos I helped produce.
https://vimeo.com/ervzman/videos

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
on Oct 19, 2012 at 12:32:56 am

That's true, and something we didn't ask about. If you aren't doing that, that could be the root cause of your problems. We sort of assumed you weren't doing that.

Al

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]