FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon EOS DSLR Export Confusion in After Effects and Premiere Pro

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Teresa Seito
Canon EOS DSLR Export Confusion in After Effects and Premiere Pro
on Aug 20, 2012 at 1:21:11 am

Hey guys, could use some help here. I have a couple questions.

1) I've shot footage on the Canon 60D at 23.976 fps 1920 x 1080.

2) I transcode the footage with Cineform Neoscene to an AVI file (4 2 2 Color Sample Ratio). If I play this AVI file off the desktop, I have no stuttering or choppiness.

3) I then open the file in After Effects for Color Grading with various plug-ins (like Color Finesse).

4) I then plan on editing the file in Premiere Pro, so I render it out as an AVI file (I can't export as a Premiere project because the Color Grading plug-ins are in some cases thirdy party plug-ins not compatible with Premiere -- so it tells me). Here's where it gets sticky...

5) If I choose a LOSSLESS compression scheme, and if I try to play the rendered AVI file straight from the desktop, it looks choppy and stutters.

6) If I choose the AVI file with the GoPro Cineform Codec, then I can play the file straight off the desktop with no stutter problems or choppiness (but I'm unsure why).

7) Either file -- the lossless AVI and the GoPro Cineform Codec -- can be opened in Premiere Pro with no stutter or choppiness (again not sure why).

8) Once the file is in Premiere Pro, I then export it as an Cineform AVI File, and beneath it in Encoding Format it says Cineform HD Codec. Again, no stuttering or choppiness if played from the desktop.

Here are my questions.

1) What is going on? Why is the lossless file choppy when played from the desktop and why is the codec not choppy?

2) Is the GoPro Cineform Codec in After Effects the Same as the Cineform AVI Codec in Premiere Pro? After doing some research, I'm beginning to think they are the same. If so, why are they listed differently between the two different programs?

3)What is a good setting to render Cineform Neoscene AVI files with in After Effects in order to use the files in Premiere Pro?

Return to posts index

Peter Burger
Re: Canon EOS DSLR Export Confusion in After Effects and Premiere Pro
on Aug 21, 2012 at 7:26:15 am

[Teresa Seito] "5) If I choose a LOSSLESS compression scheme, and if I try to play the rendered AVI file straight from the desktop, it looks choppy and stutters."

[Teresa Seito] "1) What is going on? Why is the lossless file choppy when played from the desktop and why is the codec not choppy?"

Just for clarity: Which lossless setting are you using in AE? The defaults?

------------------------------------------
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot." - Buster Keaton

Me on Twitter (english/german)
http://twitter.com/FastFoodVideo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]