FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon t3i quality

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Garcia
Canon t3i quality
on Jul 9, 2012 at 4:48:29 am

I am probably going to purchase the canon t3i as a beginner dslr, but I have seen some pictures from the camera and I want to know if it takes good professional looking photographs. I know there is more to pictures than cameras, but I don't want to buy a more expensive version of a point and shoot. So if anyone has used the t3i would you highly rate its photographs? Also, is 18 megapixels detailed enough for poster prints? Thanks

Return to posts index

Peter Burger
Re: Canon t3i quality
on Jul 9, 2012 at 10:00:54 am

I own the the T2i (purchased it for video), but have also done professional photography with it. 18 megapixels are more than enough for poster prints, but the sheer number of pixels don't say anything about the picture quality. Don't fall into the trap of comparing cameras based on pixelcounting.

I'd recommend to go to the Canon website and do a comparison of the various models. You can then see more clearly what the different models provide and decide what you really need.

The T3i is a great stills camera but has fewer features than the more professional models. But from a picture quality view IMHO all the APS-C models create comparable pictures if you use the same lenses.

Bear in mind, that if you purchase a smaller model, you'd maybe have more money to spend for lenses. And lenses are the single most important quality factor of a camera. You can change the camera body later but keep the lenses.

For *my* purposes (and the very few professional stills shoots I had/have) the smaller camera is great.

Just my two cents

------------------------------------------
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot." - Buster Keaton

Me on Twitter (english/german)
http://twitter.com/FastFoodVideo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]