FORUMS: list search recent posts

What Happened to my video files?!

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leo Ratner
What Happened to my video files?!
on Jul 5, 2012 at 8:13:47 pm

I've been filming on my t3i for a year now and just purchased a new 64GB SANDISK ULTRA sd card at B&H.

I was filming an important festival all day yesterday and reviewed the footage as I went. I continued filming today on the same card but when I loaded the card on the Lexer reader, Apple popped up with a message "cannot repair the disk "Untitled".

The vast majority of yesterdays files are fine, while the rest simply won't load! When I put the card in the camera, however, I can play ALL the videos.

What is the problem? How do I save the precious files? How do I prevent this from happening?

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Everest Mokaeff
Re: What Happened to my video files?!
on Jul 7, 2012 at 9:53:09 am

I'm not sure what happened to your files. If you still able to access your files as you described you can try to transfer them by connecting a USB to camera. Try Canon software utilities that go along with the camera to transfer files. You'd lose meta files yet it's better than nothing.

Production and Postproduction in Moscow
http://www.mokaeff.com

Return to posts index

Leo Ratner
on Jul 10, 2012 at 5:07:59 pm

THANK YOU SO MUCH! It worked - the files were saved! I have no idea what went wrong but after 28/29gb of filming on the 64gb card I started losing information and received error messages. I am going to return these cards and stick to the gold old 32gb. Better safe than sorry.

Thanks again - you really saved me.

Return to posts index

Everest Mokaeff
on Jul 12, 2012 at 8:06:37 pm

You are welcome, buddy.

Production and Postproduction in Moscow
http://www.mokaeff.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]