FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon DSLR Dynamic Range

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Teresa Seito
Canon DSLR Dynamic Range
on May 14, 2012 at 7:12:32 pm

I'm trying to find out what the dynamic range (or tonal range) of Canon DSLR HD video footage is? Is it 6 stops? 7 stops? If anyone knows the answer I would be grateful. I'm using both a Canon 5D and a 60D, so I would like to get the answer to both.

Return to posts index

Teresa Seito
Re: Canon DSLR Dynamic Range
on May 15, 2012 at 2:48:48 am

Additional questions might be -- how to find out the dynamic range of an HDTV and Youtube.

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
on May 16, 2012 at 2:28:28 am

May be worth checking out Tonal Curve Standard and High in Canon's Software Canon Digital Photo Professional Software which should have come with the camera. This will allow you to Automatically extend the dynamic range ie., to highlight the pixels in the shadows and or highlights of the RAW images, ignore any jpeg images as pixels have already been thrown away to allow you to get more images on the card. Well that is for still anyhow, you may get more video information from Canon's Zoom Browzer if you have set it up properly. or better still ask Canon Technical Service.

The dynamic range should be show on the graphs ?

Freelance Imaging & Video
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

Teresa Seito
on May 16, 2012 at 10:56:42 pm

I was curious more for the video. I thought that the tonal range of video was different than for stills. I'll have to check with Canon. Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]