FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon 5d Mark III "Unsupported Image Format" Camera Raw Files in Aperture 3.2.2

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Paris
Canon 5d Mark III "Unsupported Image Format" Camera Raw Files in Aperture 3.2.2
on Mar 27, 2012 at 8:10:48 am

Just got in my Canon 5d Mark 3 .... took some stills (RAW) and tried to import into Aperture Ver. 3.2.2.
Downloaded all the software from the Canon CD... Running Lion version 10.7.2 ....

Not sure why the "RAW" files won't open. I get a "Unsupported Image Format" message.
I use a Canon S90 shooting RAW, they work fine... used a Canon 5d Mark 2 shooting RAW recently and they also worked..... Video and JPGs work just fine.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance!

Bill Paris

Bill Paris
Producer/Director of Photography
Crew Hawaii Television
http://www.crewhawaii.com

Return to posts index

James Roughley
Re: Canon 5d Mark III "Unsupported Image Format" Camera Raw Files in Aperture 3.2.2
on Mar 27, 2012 at 1:22:38 pm

Currently Aperture and Lightroom don't have Raw support for 5D3 Raw files

If you have CS5 you can download Adobe Raw 6.7 RC from HERE

If not there is a DNG converter link on the same page which will allow you to convert to DNG and import into Aperture.

Im using DPP but there is an issue with it rendering and processing CR2 files soft.

See The Digital Picture for info

Its not ideal at the moment but that's what we get for getting in early buying on or near the release date

Return to posts index

Bill Paris
Re: Canon 5d Mark III "Unsupported Image Format" Camera Raw Files in Aperture 3.2.2
on Mar 27, 2012 at 3:27:50 pm

James,
Thanks for the info and the links.... guess that is the problem with being an early adopter. I hadn't read anything about the RAW files being different, so I was confused. I see they have the update for the Nikon D-800, maybe the Mark 3 update is soon to follow?
Thanks again!
Bill Paris

Bill Paris
Producer/Director of Photography
Crew Hawaii Television
http://www.crewhawaii.com

Return to posts index

James Roughley
on Mar 27, 2012 at 3:40:51 pm

Yes Bill, I think the update for the D800 was due to it being announced long before the 5D3, total guess of course but it would make sense.
5D3 seemed to be unveiled and on the street within weeks.

Hopefully we'll see what we want soon, I love my Lightroom work flow,and LR4 is a fantastic upgrade, with the DPP issues and my reluctance to convert Raws to DNG , it can't come soon enough.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]