FORUMS: list search recent posts

Jittery Stutter Rendered Projects? T2i and T3i via Premiere Pro and After Effects

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Drew Hudgins
Jittery Stutter Rendered Projects? T2i and T3i via Premiere Pro and After Effects
on Mar 24, 2012 at 10:10:34 pm

Hey everyone.

I have two videos on YouTube to check out… they're the same project. I watch closely and it LOOKS to me they stutter at the same times (normal? When I open two different browser windows and have them playing simultaneously… my peripheral vision still picks up on both stuttering at the same places.

This first one was my first try… and has more notes about my steps…

Then here's the 2nd try with Frame Blending

Then I thought I'd try a second render with Frame Blending on all my video layers (in After Effects). As I watched it (on YT) I thought it looked WORSE! For instance, some pans, I felt even horizontally shifted a little at times.

Shot all footage at 1080p 30fps on Canon T2i or a T3i. Imported. No transcoding. Edited in Premiere Pro CS5. Selected all clips, sent to After Effects via Dynamic Link (which I really dig). Then re-edited… (cross dissolves don't come over). Tried exporting via AME (from PPro) but wasn't digging so instead, I just sent to the Render Que in AE.

This is driving me crazy. It also seems like the stuttering is inconsistent as far as the particular places it occurs too (when played from the file on Mac)

MacPro 2.8 GHz 8-core (2008)
14GB RAM
CS5
Snow Leopard 10.6.8

"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."
http://hudgemedia.com

Return to posts index

Alex Campbell
Re: Jittery Stutter Rendered Projects? T2i and T3i via Premiere Pro and After Effects
on Mar 26, 2012 at 4:31:43 am

Hi,

I had this issue when shooting a commercial spot for a mattress company.
The problem with h.264 is that the video does not contain all of the information about each frame. It basically has information about what has changed in between the full frames (I-Frames).
When you have a sweeping pan, the hardware has problems keeping up with the changes and shows a stutter. This is why is is not the same every time you play it. It just depends when the hardware is too slow.

If you export into an uncompressed codec such as an AVI, you will not notice the problem as much.

Believe it or not, I tried all of the frame blending tricks too. One of the tricks is to add a very tiny amount of grain into the image. I am not sure why it works, but it seems to.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]