FORUMS: list search recent posts

Slo mo and normal speed on same clip

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gary dumbill
Slo mo and normal speed on same clip
on Mar 21, 2012 at 11:18:03 am

Apologies if this has already been answered and thank you in advance for any advice.

I have testing how to create both slow motion and normal speed on a single clip. The finished video will end up online, so will end up being uploaded at 25fps for youtube.

Filmed at 50fps, 1280 x 720, shutter speed 1/100.

Using cinema tools to conform the clip to 25fps works to create slow motion parts using FCP or time remapping using after effects also does.

But when it is exported at 25 fps, the parts of a clip which haven't been slowed and are still 100% (50fps) will drop half of there frames. This produces and kind of strobey effect, which I understand why.

I believe to get the best slow motion shots without motion blur, you should break the 180 shutter rule and crank up the shutter speed. But this then increases the strobey effect on anything which is still 100%.

Would that mean if I drop the shutterspeed to something which would work for a frame rate of 25 (1/50), this effect should be irradiated on normal speed footage?

Or is creating both slow motion and normal speed on a single, difficult to do, and it best to seperate shots and shoot at different frame rates.

Thanks in advance

Gary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]