FORUMS: list search recent posts

5D batteries

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stef Allan
5D batteries
on Feb 9, 2011 at 9:49:21 pm

Hello,

I bought my 5D for video use last year, but to this point I've mostly used it for pictures of my new baby.

Now it's time for it to get to work. I want to pick up a good set of batteries for the camera and see that there are a handful of off-brand batteries. I have had some good and bad experiences with off-brand Panasonic batteries, so does anyone have experience (good or bad) with batteries for the 5D?

I'm not opposed to buying four or five batteries for $60/pop, I'm just wondering how much more you're getting than the batteries that are listed from $12-$30.

My apologies if this is a redundant post, it seems like it should be, but I searched this forum for "battery" and "batteries" with no results.

Thanks,
Stef

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
Re: 5D batteries
on Feb 11, 2011 at 9:40:04 pm

Buy Canon only , they last for a long time , two should be enough, they are electronically coded and are read by the camera for re charging etc. False economy with others ???????We have used these cameras professionaly for over two years, nil problems.

Freelance Imaging & Video
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

Stef Allan
on Feb 12, 2011 at 6:48:52 pm

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Feb 13, 2011 at 11:03:27 pm

I will note that the overwhelming success of the 5DMkii in the marketplace has led to some of the major manufacturers tapping into the market.

For example, Switronics, the battery folks who's V-mount and AB Mount batteries are in a lot of rental houses have a new line of batteries for 5d shooters that have 1/4-20 mounts for use between tripod and camera and provide not only many hours of camera power, but have options for D-tap power to feed Marshall Monitors, lights, and other add-on gizmos from the same battery.

Success breeds options.

On a recent 3 day shoot in San Diego, I'd easily go through 4 Canon OEM batteries in a 10 hour shooting day. So as reliable as the OEM batteries are, they aren't always the best solution. YMMV.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Conner

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
on Feb 18, 2011 at 3:53:25 am

Hi Bill,

For what we do that is all we need, we do use at least 10Cf cards on a shoot however,I can only speak from experience. With other Canon Camcorders we use other types, however, our experience tells us not much difference , except price.Two years use is not bad however with still high charge capacity.

Freelance Imaging & Video
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]