FORUMS: list search recent posts

5D Mark III video data rate

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Davidson
5D Mark III video data rate
on Mar 5, 2012 at 10:32:14 pm

Hi guys,
Just curious if anyone has ready anything about the new 5D having a higher video data rate. All I see is an option to have interframe vs intraframe compression. Did they really release this camera with the same somewhat light data rate of the Mark II and 7D? I was really hoping for something a little chunkier like DVCProHD quality for the occasional green screen work. From a video standpoint, I'm not really sure if the investment is worth it over the 7D. Since Canon probably put the same Magic Lantern obstacles that the 7D has, it may end up being that the Mark II is still the better purchase.

Thoughts?

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
Re: 5D Mark III video data rate
on Mar 7, 2012 at 8:55:28 am

Data rate of 35.5 Mb /sec not bad ,even professional BBC Blu-Rays are at 15Mb/s are very good, Pro Tape is better but, recent Blu-ray at 15Mb/s was very, very good. considering the compression .

And that is from a 3.5 year old Canon 5D mark II ex Premiere Pro CS5.5.2 HD 1920 x 1080 p using Encore ? I am still impressed >

Freelance Imaging & Video
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
Re: 5D Mark III video data rate
on Mar 8, 2012 at 2:26:36 am

perhaps the data rate of the Mark II to a higher rate does not matter, there appears to be other things to think about DIGIC 5+ Image Processor for enhanced noise reduction and blazing processing speed

For a whole new level of performance, the EOS 5D Mark III uses a DIGIC 5+ Image Processor. Working with two 4-channel A/D converter front-end processing circuits, and delivering speeds of up to 6.0 fps (RAW + JPEG), and the DIGIC 5+ Image Processor improves data processing performance and features new algorithms that promote greater noise reduction at higher ISOs. In addition to conventional image processing functions the DIGIC 5+ Image Processor offers real-time compensation for chromatic aberration in both still and motion images. With the power of this processor, speed improvements are noticeable from the instant the camera is turned on and the stunning results speak for themselves.

You would have to say that would be better, but, I find it hard to physically see the difference between Pro tape at 1440 x 1080p anamorphic and the square pixel all things being equal.

Freelance Imaging & Video
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]