FORUMS: list search recent posts

Magic Lantern + Technicolor Profile on Canon 60D

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cole
Magic Lantern + Technicolor Profile on Canon 60D
on Feb 20, 2012 at 12:48:21 am

Profiles such as the "Technicolor" are very useful, and I don't want to lose them.

I was about to install the Magic Lantern software on my Canon 60D, but I wanted to ask here first: does it co-exist peacefully with the Technicolor profile? The instructions for loading Magic Lantern include a reset of the camera's settings to the originals, which will erase the Technicolor profile. Further, the ML software apparently loads from the SD card each time you power up the camera. I wonder how that affects operation, as well as the custom profiles.

Thanks for any insight!

Bob C

Return to posts index

Peter Burger
Re: Magic Lantern + Technicolor Profile on Canon 60D
on Feb 24, 2012 at 10:53:35 am

Bob, I don't have the 60D but the 550D and do use the Technicolor Cinestyle alongside with ML since it came out. No problems at all.

[Bob Cole] "The instructions for loading Magic Lantern include a reset of the camera's settings to the originals, which will erase the Technicolor profile."

I didn't knew that, but maybe I just over-read...

Since a couple of ML versions there is a very easy way to install ML: Format the card in the camera, copy all of the ML files on the card, put it into the camera and make a firmware update from the camera menu. This'll make the card bootable and each time you switch on the cam with the proper card, ML loads.
This procedure hasn't ever reset my camera settings including the installed picture styles.

Cool thing with those newer versions: You can format the card with the camera and keep ML. Very useful, because formatting a card seems to be the better approach than just deleting videos or pictures.

------------------------------------------
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot." - Buster Keaton

http://twitter.com/FastFoodVideo (english/german)
http://fastfoodvideo.tumblr.com (german)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]