FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon 60D & Sony FS100U - Alternative?

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Martino
Canon 60D & Sony FS100U - Alternative?
on Feb 14, 2012 at 2:55:05 am

I guess I have most of this question answered already however I would like to consult some others so I am doing so.

Here's the skinny.

We shoot an array of projects and up to this point have gotten away with a dual DSLR set up and for our projects it matches the output we require. We now are getting into some longer single shot projects so DSLR's are out. We have been looking to spend around the $5000 range to a camera that will work out for us and allow some DSLR B roll.

We came across the Sony FS100U. Before I continue, I realize the design is not everyone's favorite and i realize the body has a bit of plastic and the handle isnt ideal, so to save everyone from reiterating that I want to say I am aware and from all of our tests with the camera we are OK with this. Moving on. The issue we have come to is this. We really like a lot of the Canon lenses we have and dont have a big budget to be venturing into buying a whole new kit for our FS100 should we decide to buy it. That being said, the FS100 has a bit of an issue with lens compatibility and as of now there isnt much that can be done.

Question is: Is there any other workable options in terms of cameras that will allow us Canon lens capability in a similar price range?

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]