FORUMS: list search recent posts

DSLR FOOTAGE LOOSES QUALITY IN TIMELINE/SEQUENCe

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Samir Mahadin
DSLR FOOTAGE LOOSES QUALITY IN TIMELINE/SEQUENCe
on Feb 10, 2012 at 7:49:02 pm

Hello friends,

I recently shot a live band using a 5D and a 60D. The 5D was handheld, and the 60D was stationary, getting a wide shot of the stage. I converted the files to ProRes 422 LT using Log and Transfer. As soon as I drop the footage from my 60D into the timeline, it loses significant image quality. It's clearly visible in comparing the file in the viewer as compared to the canvas window. In the canvas the footage is extremely fuzzy, as compared to the Viewer where it is much sharper.

I shot at 24p 1080 for both. The sequence is set to Apple ProRes 422 LT 1080 as well.

Any idea as to what is causing this and how to fix it?

Thanks! :-)

-Samir

Return to posts index

Ken Eakins
Re: DSLR FOOTAGE LOOSES QUALITY IN TIMELINE/SEQUENCe
on Feb 10, 2012 at 8:11:10 pm

I don't really use FCP, especially X, but doesn't it 'down-render' the preview files so that you can get around the timeline/view a full preview before your final render? So, when you're cutting, it looks less nice, but speeds up the experience, but puts out the image at full quality at output?

I may be totally wrong there.

Return to posts index

Samir Mahadin
Re: DSLR FOOTAGE LOOSES QUALITY IN TIMELINE/SEQUENCe
on Feb 10, 2012 at 8:29:01 pm

I exported using quicktime conversion to 1080, best compression, and it did not return to the original quality.

It may have something to do with the using V1 and V2 in the timeline. The footage is stacked on top of each other and I am cross fading between each other. I am going to switch them around and see what happens...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]