FORUMS: list search recent posts

Prores LT vs HQ conform issue

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chema Gomez
Prores LT vs HQ conform issue
on Feb 1, 2011 at 9:50:48 pm

Hi there!!

I shot a short film with Canon 5d... now I'm getting into editing and I have a few issues that I really need to sort out before I start...

I have the original files from my camera and I used MPGE streamclip to export my footages into an editorial format for FCP... My question is in which prores (422, (LT), (HQ)) should I export them?

I don't have enough free space in my hard drives so I guess HQ won't be the ideally, but I'm confused with something, If I export with Prores HQ I get very heavy and perhaps better quality footages? In case is yes... can I export in LT, edit my offline and after conform my final sequence to HQ?

I don't know if that question doesn't make sense, but what I want is to export the footages in a friendly editorial codec for my mac pro and my lack of space and after bring everything up to the maximun quality as possible... Does HQ or 444 give more quality to the footages from 5D?

The film have a few visual effects and some green screen shots and a company is going to grade it in Baselight...

Thanks

Chema Gomez
Mac Pro 2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
6GB 1066 MHz DDR3
ATI Radeon HD 4870
Apple LED Cinema Display 24''

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]