FORUMS: list search recent posts

EOS Utility and T3i won't communicate

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay Windland
EOS Utility and T3i won't communicate
on Jan 23, 2012 at 5:11:46 am

Hello all. This is my first post in these forums, so forgive me if this was covered elsewhere.

I am trying to install the Technicolor CineStyle profile on a T3i/600D, which requires installing and running the EOS utility. I foolishly threw out the original cd with my camera packaging, so was compelled to go through the workaround to get the utility running on my MacBook Pro (on Lion). The utility installed and opened just fine, but when I connected the camera via the USB port, I get the error "Camera Not Recognized". I tried re-booting, re-installing, re-inserting the battery in the camera, and ensuring the utility was the latest update; all to no avail.

Upon further research, I found that even the latest versions of the EOS utility do not support Lion, so I switched over to a pc and installed the EOS utility on XP Professional. Again, the utility opens fine and gives the same error message when I connect the camera.

To circle back to my original goal, all I am trying to do is get the CineStyle profile installed. I have a shoot coming up that will require a flat profile, and I want to test the workflow before I commit. I don't have any further use for the EOS utility, so what I'm in search of is a means to an end. Anyone have any bright ideas of how I could accomplish this?

Return to posts index

Jay Windland
Re: EOS Utility and T3i won't communicate
on Jan 25, 2012 at 4:29:15 pm

Never mind. Issue solved - I didn't actually have the latest version running on either OS. I had found the latest version to run on Lion, but a later version (2.10) was required to support the T3i. That later version was not Lion compatible (strange, as they lost compatibility in later versions of the utility) but did run on Windows. Hopefully this will be useful info to someone.

Return to posts index

Shane Caffrey
Re: EOS Utility and T3i won't communicate
on Jan 28, 2012 at 12:13:14 pm

I have this problem as well. I had previously installed the profiles but they seem to be gone!
Anyway the latest version of EOS Utility wont work with Lion. So went looking for an old version which will work. The only problem with that is that the 600d will not be recognized with the older firmware. I have no option of using a pc. .Ideally need to get this sorted fast. Anyone any suggestions?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]