FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon Prime lense F1.2 vs F1.4

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan Trenkamp
Canon Prime lense F1.2 vs F1.4
on Jan 9, 2012 at 3:35:42 pm

I'm looking into buying a nice prime lense for my 7D. I've heard great things about both the F1.2 and F1.4 prime lenses and their ability to shoot in low light. My question is, is it worth the extra $900 dollars for the the F1.2 compared to the $400 F1.4 lense? The price difference between the too seems extreme, but it it worth it. I know the old saying you get what you pay for. Any input would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Juan Peña
Re: Canon Prime lense F1.2 vs F1.4
on Jan 9, 2012 at 7:49:57 pm

Are you talking about the 50mm? The 50mm 1.2 is an L-series lens. It has "better" optics and weather proofing. It's also better built. It's also heavy! The 1.4 is an excellent lens. I wouldn't spend the extra money if you are on a budget. If this your only prime, i would get something a bit wider, like an EOS 28mm 1.8 . You can use this lens in almost any situation. I think it will be more useful. 50mm on a 7D has a very narrow field of view and limited use in my opinion. It all depends what you are using it for.

Return to posts index

Nathan Trenkamp
Re: Canon Prime lense F1.2 vs F1.4
on Jan 12, 2012 at 7:56:42 pm

Shooting mainly weddings, so the colors really have to pop. And, the lense needs to be able to shoot well in low light. That's why I was considering leaning towards the more expensive 50mm 1.2L. Thanks for the input.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]