FORUMS: list search recent posts

EXAMPLE: Canon 60D 50mm 1.8 + Zoom H4N (audio & video)

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John White
EXAMPLE: Canon 60D 50mm 1.8 + Zoom H4N (audio & video)
on Dec 31, 2011 at 3:05:29 pm

So I got my Zoom H4N for Christmas. It came with Cubase LE 5 recording studio program which was awesome!

So here is what I did:
I started the day by hooking the Zoom H4N into my already owned Yamaha interface. I downloaded some drivers for the interface and installed them to my laptop. Fired up Cubase LE 5 and set the interface to work with the program. I then outed some headphones and speakers out of the interface so I could get a click track going for the kids playing guitar and singing. (note: my interface only has 2 mic inputs, it is very cheap and not top of the line, I make due with what I have though). I recorded a few takes of guitar, pieced it together. Then did vocals. I then added a slight reverb to everything to make it a bit more full. After that I exported the .WAV file and brought it into Premiere Pro CS4. I played the song through the speakers and they lip sang to it 3 times. I recorded it with my Canon 60D using a 50mm 1.8 lens. I had one issue, and that was with my new PNY 32g Card Class 10. It was not recording fast enough. So I put an 8g Panasonic card in and it worked fine. I mised the three videos together to match the recorded track. And here was the outcome!!

Seems timely, but we did it all in 2 hours. Turned out great. I love the Zoom's quality and recommend it to everyone!

http://www.iamjohnwhite.com

VIDEO HERE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]