FORUMS: list search recent posts

sennheiser ew 100 overmodulation

COW Forums : Field Production

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Divonna Ratliff
sennheiser ew 100 overmodulation
on Feb 26, 2013 at 5:32:10 am

I have 2 sets of sennheiser ew 100 mics hat I have used for several ears with no problems on 2 different cameras--currently the Panasonic HVX 100. All of a sudden I am getting horrible tinny sound and overmodulation, even with the RF & Sensitivity settings turned way down. I have tried both sets separately, and can't get decent sound from either. I've scanned for free channels, and tried different banks--no change. The only clues I have is that perhaps the transmitter and receiver are too close, but I've shot before from the same distance with no trouble. Could it be a camera setting? A location issue? I need to solve this! Any help would be appreciated!!

seedeerun

Return to posts index

Shawn Hughes
Re: sennheiser ew 100 overmodulation
on Mar 19, 2013 at 12:37:47 am

Is it possible you've damaged the mike capsule? Do you get noise with the pack on but mike unplugged? If it's a one piece, can you go to a college or news place and test swap your transmitters? Is the transmitter battery bad? Contacts on the transmitter battery port clean? (Rub them with a pencil eraser).

That's all I got off the top of my head, sorry!

Shawn

Return to posts index

Divonna Ratliff
Re: sennheiser ew 100 overmodulation
on Mar 19, 2013 at 3:35:39 am

Thanks for responding! It's such a puzzle. When I went home that night and tested my mics again they worked just fine. So I thought it must have been environmental, but then I went back to the same location 2 weeks later and they worked fine there, too. This has happened randomly 3 times with the same effect--the mics sound overmodulated even when set to -12db, on all channels and banks. A scan shows free channels.

It's nervewracking because it ruins the shoot and I can't figure out how to prevent it. I've taken to carrying a wired stick mic for emergencies. Is there any way to bypass the wireless and make the mics wired as a backup?

seedeerun

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]