FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem w/ Lectrosonics 400/411 wireless w/ audio example

COW Forums : Field Production

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Sniffen
Problem w/ Lectrosonics 400/411 wireless w/ audio example
on Feb 14, 2013 at 2:17:06 am

New to the forum, but long time lurker. Thanks for the constant help! Ty Ford, you've saved my ass numerous times.

I'm having a problem with my Lectro UCR 411A/ UM400 combo (block 28). It's making a high pitch pulsing frequency. It's especially noticeable when someone speaks into the lav. I've already done the standard troubleshooting- different lavaliers, different rf channels, different antenna, different wires through mixer, etc. I've been told it might be the crystal system (not even sure what that is)? I've attached a recorded example of me speaking for reference.

The recording was done with a working Tram TR-50 lavalier.

Any help with dianosing the problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shawn Hughes
Re: Problem w/ Lectrosonics 400/411 wireless w/ audio example
on Mar 19, 2013 at 12:47:52 am

To answer the easier question, A crystal is what we used in the old days to Determine the transmitting and receiving frequencies. This changed over to IC circuitry in about the eighty's. Some stuff still has crystals in it though.

That is excellent troubleshooting you sound like you've done, But have you tried relocating your setup to see if this problem follows you? Also, are you running completely on batteries or you using a wall work for the receiver?

I'd even under it from the camera system and read it into something else just to see. high pitched rapid sounds like you describe indicate to me something similar to a digital clock or timing source is getting into your system somewhere, either externally or internally.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]