FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to view a live presentation on multiple devices during a large training session?

COW Forums : Field Production

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt McHenry
How to view a live presentation on multiple devices during a large training session?
on Oct 4, 2012 at 4:51:26 pm

This could probably be asked in multiple forums but I'm trying to come up with some presentation solutions for an upcoming large training session.

The presenter wants to setup a local WiFi network and share his presentation/Powerpoint to anyone in the room who would like to view it on a device; Laptop, Tablet, Smart Phone. He's expecting anywhere from 200-800 attendees at a time.

I've looked into multicast, some screen-sharing software, VNC options, and video streaming solutions but I'm not sure what would work best in this situation and for the possible volume. We have both Mac and PCs available for the presenter and servers if needed.

Anyone have an idea on what Hardware/Software solutions could work for the network and the presentation?

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: How to view a live presentation on multiple devices during a large training session?
on Oct 7, 2012 at 4:29:03 am

May seem foolishly simple, but why not just post the presentation content on the web and let the audience download them at the start of the presentation?

Most people in the Seminar attending class have mobile devices of some sort. Just up up a URL where the content is stored and let them grab it at the start of the meeting.

Put it up in advance as a Powerpoint/Keynote decks for those with the software, or just a folder of JPEGS for those without software access.

Is there any reason you actually need to trigger the display cues from the stage? Seems way more complex than warranted.

FWIW.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: How to view a live presentation on multiple devices during a large training session?
on Oct 7, 2012 at 4:34:56 am

Actually, on more thought, I was making it too complex myself.

Just post one set of the images to something like a Flicker account.

Show a slide with the URL code and you're done.

Universal access to the images on everything from an iPhone to a laptop.

Only stopper would be if the room doesn't have wifi access - but thats something every hotel ballroom in the country should know how to solve in house.

Again FWIW.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]