FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Liabilities

COW Forums : Field Production

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emma Kay
Video Liabilities
on Jul 13, 2012 at 5:51:31 pm

Hi!

I'm a video production student who is fairly new to the field. I'm starting a project that will be for me personally/my portfolio and that I will also enter into a production company's contest. After I submit the video to the contest, the production company may publish my work on their website/social media/youtube. The video will be done in a location such as a city, neighborhood, etc. and potentially have an interview or two with people familiar with the area. I'm concerned I may be in trouble if I do not get the right clearances/documents for my locations/potential interviews. I don't know much about what is legal versus illegal when shooting on-location.

I'll be filming in the Virginia/DC area. I've researched the film offices to find out more information but I am confused about the regulations considering I am not using the video for profit, I'm a student [but this is not for school], and I'm a small crew [it's myself and a friend or two].

Any advice about what is legal and what isn't legal for my scenario in field production is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
-Emma

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
Re: Video Liabilities
on Jul 13, 2012 at 5:54:41 pm

Emma-
You should cross post this to the Business & Marketing COW where this kind of thing is frequently discussed. Probably wouldn't hurt to read down through the 10 years of archived posts there to see how similar questions have been answered in the past.

Return to posts index

Emma Kay
Re: Video Liabilities
on Jul 13, 2012 at 6:26:39 pm

Thanks! I'm new to the site and didn't notice that section.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]