FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lights and Equipment in Israel

COW Forums : Field Production

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Isaac Brillant
Lights and Equipment in Israel
on Jul 6, 2012 at 10:45:27 pm

Can I use my "hot lights" in Israel, where they use the European standard, 220-240V / 50Hz? Do I need to buy transformers and special bulbs?

My lights include:

Lowell Tota (750 watt), Omni (500 watt) and Pro Light (250 watt) and a Rifa EX 88, both with the 1K watt tungsten bulb and with the Florescent EXchange adapter with 80 watt bulbs.

I'm moving all my production equipment to Israel (including: HPX-170, DSLR, computers and many many external Lacie and WD MyBook Studio eSata/FW harddrives) so if anyone can point out any other power or compatibility issues I should be aware of, I'd appreciate the advice. I have about a month to get my stuff together and buy what I need to get here while I'm near B&H :)

If anyone works or has worked in film/video in Israel and doesn't mind me emailing them a few questions, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
Isaac

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
Re: Lights and Equipment in Israel
on Jul 7, 2012 at 11:51:57 am

[Isaac Brillant] "Do I need to buy transformers..."

Probably not a good idea as 1) they will add expense and 2) they themselves will consume a small amount of power and create heat. Buy the new lowel cables.

BTW, can't say for sure but I expect that you may find the replacement cables cheaper in Israel than B&H. At B&H they will likely be a special order item, hence not discounted the way so many other things are. At the appropriate Lowel reseller in Israel they should be a stock item. At least that was my experience with having to get Lowell cables for Europe.

[Isaac Brillant] "Do I need to buy... special bulbs?"
Probably yes. While 110 volt bulbs may work, for a while, you'll greatly increase the risk of bulbs exploding or burning out prematurely. They're bulbs. Not a lot of money.

Return to posts index

Isaac Brillant
Re: Lights and Equipment in Israel
on Jul 10, 2012 at 12:37:12 am

thanks! thats very useful to know.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]