FORUMS: list search recent posts

Focus Issue

COW Forums : Field Production

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
simon de Little
Focus Issue
on Oct 16, 2010 at 3:49:33 am

When shooting a wedding recently the lens on my JVC HM700 came loose at a crucial time and the focus on the camera went very soft. I was wondering if there are any plugins or software that can rescue the footage at all? I edit in FCP7.

Return to posts index

Fernando Mol
Re: Focus Issue
on Oct 16, 2010 at 4:33:13 am

You can play with the contrast and add some noise to distract from the out of focus, but you will never get your focus back.

Using a sharp filter will probably not work, but give it a try.

I hope this helps

*Always share a link to your site and rate the posts. This is a free service for you and for us.

Return to posts index

simon de Little
on Oct 16, 2010 at 4:59:50 am

cheers.. I'll have a play around. I realise it's pretty hopeless but I thought I'd put it out there in case anyone had designed some magic tool to fix it. You never know!

Return to posts index

Scott Rachal
on Oct 17, 2010 at 1:16:48 am

Depending on how out of focus your footage is, and how much running time you are talking about, try shrinking the footage.

Maybe put a full-bleed, toned picture in the background, and have the footage in question play at 40-70% of full size. As the picture shrinks, it will look more in focus. (Once again-depending on how out of focus it is)

Maybe put two shots on screen at the same time, both reduced in size? Depending on the content...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]