FORUMS: list search recent posts

Digital Video Picture Monitoring / Vision Split - Using Ipad / IPhone / Smart Phones

COW Forums : Field Production

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Opie Sayner-Hassall
Digital Video Picture Monitoring / Vision Split - Using Ipad / IPhone / Smart Phones
on May 29, 2012 at 5:38:25 am

I have been waiting for someone to design and release a transmitter box that attaches to a Digital Video camera's video output and sends the picture signal to either an Ipad, Iphone or any Smart Phone App, so I can set-up a shot, sit down and interview someone while keeping an eye on the framing.

Does anyone know if this technology has been developed yet, and where I can find more out about the specs and costs?

Regards,

Opie

Return to posts index

Angelo Lorenzo
Re: Digital Video Picture Monitoring / Vision Split - Using Ipad / IPhone / Smart Phones
on Jun 1, 2012 at 12:49:42 am

Wireless HD video is still very much in its infancy. I wouldn't be surprised, without some trade offs or interesting engineering tricks that you won't see what you want in this or the next generation of smart phones.

The most field tested piece of affordable equipment is the Teradek Cube http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/800190-REG/Teradek_CUBE_250_450_Cube_...

You'll want to bundle that with a field monitor like a 7" battery powered Marshall.

Angelo Lorenzo
Fallen Empire - Digital Production Services

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: Digital Video Picture Monitoring / Vision Split - Using Ipad / IPhone / Smart Phones
on Jun 2, 2012 at 2:52:01 am

If you happen to be shooting on a 5dMkii - you can use the Canon EOS utilities and your MacBook to monitor the camera "LIVE VIEW" feed via either USB cable and/or iPhone iPad.

But it's done via the Canon software talking to the Camera - so it's not a solution for other cameras.

Also the App "DSLR Remote" does the same thing via wifi. But again, only with Canon DSLRs.

FWIW.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Return to posts index

Angelo Lorenzo
on Jun 6, 2012 at 10:56:59 pm

If I'm not mistaken, OnOne's DSLR remote only shoots stills while monitoring live view. I'm not sure of Canon's EOS utility since I haven't used it in many moons.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]