FORUMS: list search recent posts

Studio And Chrome... Ugh!!

COW Forums : Field Production

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Wishart
Studio And Chrome... Ugh!!
on May 18, 2012 at 6:46:32 pm

Howdy Everyone!

The company I'm working for specializes in chrome accessories for Harley Davidson bikes and many others, too.
They're building a studio for me to share with the company's photographer, and are adamant about having the whole place white to follow the "Apple Look" in both video, and photos. We can chrome out entire motors and anything else you could ever want on your ride... which is my problem:
There's so much chrome on our bikes that at times I cannot hide at all; zoomed in or at a changed angle. I'm fearing that I will be even MORE obvious when we get a totally white room.
What could be some solutions to hide myself and my camera as much as possible?
-Maybe a white foam-core board to hang just under my camera?
Other than that I'm not totally sure what I should do.

Using: Panasonic AG-HMC150
Any help is greatly appreciated!

-Alex-

@AlexWishard
or
@AscensionVisual
OR
Ascenvisuals.com

Return to posts index

Fernando Mol
Re: Studio And Chrome... Ugh!!
on May 18, 2012 at 7:42:08 pm

The white should be in your stage only, the rest of your studio should go black. Then you can use soft boxes or big white reflectors to create contrast in the chrome reflections.

You can hide yourself and your camera behind a black curtain with a hole for your camera lens.

I hope this helps

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
on May 19, 2012 at 7:27:06 pm

Fernando is correct that Alex will need some black. A completely reflective surface, ie- chrome, will photograph as white if all it is surrounded by is white. Alex, as well as the still photographer, will need easily moved black flags and panels of varying widths to create the dark accents that will make chrome look like chrome. This will require a lot of trial and error in the beginning.

Return to posts index

Alex Wishart
on May 22, 2012 at 4:27:53 pm

Hi Guys,

Thank you so much for the feed back. Luckily, this is one of those rooms where they were willing to bite the bullet and spend a few more $'s to make sure we don't need anything else for a couple/few years. So I'll be starting off with those suggestions first since they're from the pros :)
Thank you again, Gentlemen!

-Alex-

@AlexWishard
or
@AscensionVisual
OR
Ascenvisuals.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]