FORUMS: list search recent posts

Monitoring 3 HD-SDI feeds

COW Forums : Field Production

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Gill
Monitoring 3 HD-SDI feeds
on Oct 12, 2011 at 10:53:06 am

Hi there,

We have a job coming up that requires us to film multiple 60 minute live workshops. They are one-take only, so we have to nail it first time around. We are required to cover the workshops entirely, and estimate that this will take 3 cameras/operators.

We will be using 3x Sony F3 (or EX1s, this hasn't been finalised) cameras, each outputting to a Ki Pro Mini and a bunch of memory.

What we need is a system (kind of like a bodged video village) where we are monitoring all of the cameras on a screen at the back of the room to be able to effectively direct through headsets. We are not looking to live vision mix, all the editing will be done later in Premiere Pro.

So what kind of extra hardware will we need, and what kind of software should I be looking for to be able to monitor the video feeds?

Thank you so much for all your help,

Dave

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Monitoring 3 HD-SDI feeds
on Oct 15, 2011 at 1:57:27 pm

rent an HD flypack. Comes with everything you need for a live mix.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Angelo Lorenzo
Re: Monitoring 3 HD-SDI feeds
on Oct 18, 2011 at 4:04:27 am

Assuming the F3 (I don't recall all of the EX3's outputs), you have SDI SD and SDI HD out. I'm guessing you're running the SDI HD to the Ki Pro? Why not just run the standard def SDI to a video village?

If the video out BNC connector is composite, you might be able to do wireless with three monitors.

Are you not able to rent field monitors? I feel like I'm missing some detail to your situation, otherwise the answers seem clear if you're not live mixing.

- Angelo Lorenzo
-

- http://FilmsFor.Us Sell your film and connect with your audience

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]