FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion detector adapter

COW Forums : Field Production

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Geoff McKay
Motion detector adapter
on Aug 31, 2011 at 8:52:24 am

Hello Everyone,
I was just watching "survival with Ray Mears" and it seemed as though they had attached some sort of adapter to regular mini DV cams that allowed them to remain on standby unless triggered by some motion breaking an infra red beam. It looked as though the device was mounted on the tripod, with the camera sitting on top of the device. Of course, this meant they could leave the camera's alone for hours on end, and monitor the results when they returned. Does anyone know of a product like this, or are these likely custom made jobbies? I am not interested in buying a whole new dedicated camera, but some sort of remote adapter would be fantastic.

Best Regards,

Geoff

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: Motion detector adapter
on Sep 2, 2011 at 7:01:16 am

Find an inexpensive camera that supports the LAN-C protocol (nearly all the Sony handycams from the past 20 years will) and you can find a lot of motion detector triggers that will plug in and do what you want.

Here's one...

http://www.trailmaster.com/tm700v.php

Good luck.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Return to posts index

Geoff McKay
Re: Motion detector adapter
on Sep 2, 2011 at 4:16:06 pm

Thank you Bill, this is exactly what I am looking for.

Geoff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]