FORUMS: list search recent posts

Source for Inexpensive Gaffers Tape?

COW Forums : Field Production

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Hughes
Source for Inexpensive Gaffers Tape?
on Apr 29, 2011 at 5:08:37 pm

I seem to fly through gaffers tape. I'm always having to buy more. I usually buy it from Markertek for $16 for 2" X 60 yards. Theirs is high-quality but after tax and shipping it's pretty expensive. Does anyone know of a cheaper source? And I'm only interested in real gaffers tape, not duct tape or cheap (inferior quality) gaffers tape. tx

Thomas H

Return to posts index

Steve Kownacki
Re: Source for Inexpensive Gaffers Tape?
on May 3, 2011 at 12:54:07 pm

HI Thomas
Don't think there is such a thing as inexpensive gaff tape. Always somewhere between $15-19/roll. Does Markertek ship free? Not sure about B&H. Filmtools does on occasion and that's when I stock up.

If I can impart some thoughts... Gaff tape, gels, bounce cards, adapters that get lost and all that stuff (expendables) is not an expense to your business but a cost of the job. And sometimes each job has line items for that stuff. The cost of those items is built into your hourly or daily rate. If I shoot a seminar and I know I need 3 rolls of gaff tape, I simply add in $80 for it. Most jobs only need a few feet here and there so my standard rate covers the $1.50 worth of tape that will be used. This stuff is not a donation to your client.

Steve

Return to posts index

Thomas Miller
on May 3, 2011 at 12:59:53 pm

Thomas, I'm not sure gaffers tape is the place to save money! We pay for the best stuff (like you), and appreciate every bit of it in the field. I have found cheaper and hated it. Keep getting the good stuff. Save your money on something else!

Tom Miller
Big Pictures Media
Denver, Colorado

http://www.BigPicturesMedia.com

Return to posts index

Geoff Tirrell
on Sep 8, 2011 at 1:20:22 pm

Ditto every time I have seen Cheap Gaff used it is the stuff that peals up paint or damages the clients building or leaves sticky residue all over.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]