FORUMS: list search recent posts

Q&A Session

COW Forums : Field Production

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neal Klaeser
Q&A Session
on Apr 20, 2011 at 6:23:45 pm

I am going to be shooting a single person seminar tomorrow with two cameras an was wondering how some of you handle Q&A sessions. The presenter will have a presentation and after will ask for questions from the audience. I have read that people will hand around a hand held microphone or they will set-up a microphone on a stand and have people approach the mic and ask questions. Are there any other ideas that have worked for other people? I believe that the hospital that I am shooting the video at has a hand held microphone but I am not sure I can get access to an output to record.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Q&A Session
on Apr 20, 2011 at 7:54:10 pm

Do you have mics?
Is there house audio?
We'd tap into the house audio if available.

Do you have a sound tech on the job? Running a mixer?

Wireless lav on presenter.
Wireless Handheld on stand or passed around for Audience.

The hard part is getting all questions using the mic.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Neal Klaeser
on Apr 20, 2011 at 8:44:33 pm

I asked the person in charge of the seminar and they where not sure if the room had a mixer to get a feed from and they only have one hand-held wireless microphone.

I plan on putting a wireless on the presenter and will decide whether we pass around the wireless microphone that I have that will go directly into the camera and not over the PA or just put a microphone on a stand. The people will probably be tapping the hand-held that I give them because they will not hear it over the PA system.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Apr 21, 2011 at 10:59:39 am

In the past I have taped a wireless lav to a handheld...

If they have house sound, that would be the best. But they can screwup too.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]