FORUMS: list search recent posts

Camera Accessories

COW Forums : Field Production

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MIke Jones
Camera Accessories
on Apr 9, 2011 at 7:04:57 am

Hello everyone, I'm hoping you can help me out. I'm trying to compose a video package similar to MTV Cribs. I can do the editing no problem but my fault is in doing the video camera recording. I own a Canon FS300 and I'm wondering what accessories I should get for my camera in order to give myself the best quality shot. I know I need a light, is a halogen light correct? No mic will be necessary, however, what about shoulder holders, camera sliders, etc. Anything pertinent to shooting a solid hour of b-roll. Please give me some insight. *Note - generic terms are perfect, I only told you the model camera b/c I felt that gives you the idea I'm not using an expensive camera so specific tools for the canon fs300 would be awesome but I understand not realistic to ask for*

Regards and best

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Camera Accessories
on Apr 9, 2011 at 1:32:27 pm

On Crips they shoot A LOT of steadi-cam footage.

You can rent a Steadi-Cam Jr. for a small amount.

On-cam light would be wise. A light kit would probably be handy as well.
Someone to help with gear.

I think they shoot with at least 2 cams and maybe sometimes 3 as well.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

MIke Jones
on Apr 9, 2011 at 5:01:41 pm

Thanks a lot Chris, I think the funding doesn't leave enough room for this project to get done if I bring on any additional help. So I have to do this as a one man band. One thing I was looking at is the zig rig that allows me to do get smooth weird angles while keeping the cam steady then for pans and tilts I'm going to use a tripod. Also, do you have any recommendations for a light for handhelds? How does this sound?

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Apr 9, 2011 at 6:51:23 pm

If you have the budget, get an on-cam LED light.

Also, a Wide Angle Lens would be most handy.
You can get adapters but if their not the more costly zoom thru lens adapters their more a pain then anything else.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

MIke Jones
on Apr 9, 2011 at 6:54:20 pm

Do you have any particular suggestions for a wide angle lens that's a good bang for the buck?

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Apr 9, 2011 at 7:01:45 pm

I don't know. I just looked up your camera, I didn't realize it was so consumer.

Try:

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-WCDC58N-Converter-Adapter-Digital/dp/B00007JDRW

It'd be nice to try it out first b/c some of these will be too fish-eye looking to use for what ur after.

Best of luck with the job.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]