FORUMS: list search recent posts

salary info

COW Forums : Field Production

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Brenno
salary info
on Mar 15, 2011 at 4:45:02 pm

I am looking into info on salary. I have over 10 years experience, am interviewing with a company next week. What salary range should I be at, with my 10 yrs and awards I've won (??)
thanks

Return to posts index

Fernando Mol
Re: salary info
on Mar 15, 2011 at 7:13:37 pm

I don't know what's your field, but this was published in other forums and it may help you.

http://motiongraphicdesigncensus.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/2010_MGDC_R...

Return to posts index

Paul Brenno
on Mar 16, 2011 at 12:33:39 am

Oops, forgot to add that.....My field is film/video production....I work as a Director of Photography/Videographer/Editor/Producer, have been in the field for about 15 years now. I've worked in Houston to Denver....

Return to posts index

James Dow
on Mar 17, 2011 at 2:02:57 pm

What market is the job in? Here in the midwest it's tough to find a steady gig like you described,with good benefits, that will pay over 60K a year...and that will include a lot of unpaid overtime. As with anything, there are a few exceptions.

Good Luck with the interview!

JPD

Return to posts index

Paul Brenno
on Mar 17, 2011 at 2:42:18 pm

one office is in Nashville, but their headquarters are in Virginia....I don't want to say too much (don't want to jinx anything), but they do gov't work (contractor).....they offer full benefits, work with major video/grip equipment....I'm just trying to figure out what a fair/good salary would be with a DP/Producer with over 10 years experience seeking fulltime work....don't want to go under or over salary needs...I'm thinking, mid $50k's (???)

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
on Mar 17, 2011 at 4:59:02 pm

Paul-
I think you need to take cost of living into account. If you are working in the Southern part of Virginia or Nashville there's a WHOPPING big difference between the cost of living there versus Northern Virginia, ie.- greater Washington, DC. A salary in the $50's can be a nice life in the South. In DC it's almost poverty.

You might want to negotiate on the basis of what others get paid, if that's possible.

Return to posts index

James Dow
on Mar 18, 2011 at 5:44:05 pm

Ditto what Nick said...

I'm based in Central Illinois, and I'm compensated pretty well for this market. I do a lot of contractual work for a firm based in northern Virginia. (DC Suburbs)

I've given some thought to relocating there, and figure I'd need at least about an extra 30-40K more than I make now.

JPD

Return to posts index

Paul Brenno
on Mar 18, 2011 at 8:03:40 pm

I indeed have seriously considered cost of living, that's what I'm basing my information on....cityrating.com has also been a good source of curent information on the Nashville market.

I'm trying to do as much research as I can, although they said they take into account my experience, markets I've worked in, what I would think I'm worth...I spent 5 years in Houston, then worked in Denver, before being laid off, have now been in the biz for over 10 yrs. I know the cost of living is alot higher in VA than Nashville, so am taking all this into account. I currently live in the prairies of the northern plains, so pay here is lowsy, unless you've been at a place for 10 yrs+....

Return to posts index

Scott Sheriff
on Mar 21, 2011 at 10:04:21 pm

I would say Nashville is similar to Denver in a lot of ways. So low 50's to 60 might be about right.
But nationwide the entire market is over-saturated, and that usually means a dip in expected pay.

Scott Sheriff
Director
http://www.sstdigitalmedia.com

I have a system, it has stuff in it, and stuff hooked to it. I have a camera, it can record stuff. I read the manuals, and know how to use this stuff and lots of other stuff too.
You should be suitably impressed...

Return to posts index

grinner hester
on Apr 4, 2011 at 3:43:29 pm

You should be at around 300k a year but when they offer the 60k they've put aside for the position, decide if you can work for that price or not.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]