FORUMS: list search recent posts

Key out Green Screen live - What hardware?

COW Forums : Field Production

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Knapp
Key out Green Screen live - What hardware?
on Mar 1, 2011 at 10:11:54 pm

I've been asked to create/shoot a max headroom type video live for a corporate event. I need to use a green screen for the floating head and was wondering if there is a low cost piece of hardware i can purchase to key out the green screen live? Any ideas? I will only be using this once so don't really want to drop a lot of $$ on it. Also if this same piece of gear can do any effects(cheesy) would be cool too.

See What I See Productions

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: Key out Green Screen live - What hardware?
on Mar 3, 2011 at 7:19:13 am

You ought to check out the entire category of VJ Mixers.

Nearly ALL of them have basic digital greenscreen and compositing capabilities - plus they're typically LOADED with the kind of cheesy background and key motion effects that you're looking for.

You may even be able to rent one from a local equipment house or ask a place like Guitar Center for the names of folks in your area who own them.

To see what they do - check out programs like Livid Union or just do a Google search on VJ software.

Good luck.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Conner

Return to posts index

Bob Knapp
Re: Key out Green Screen live - What hardware?
on Mar 4, 2011 at 5:28:44 pm

Thanks Bill! I was looking at some old video switchers with that same idea in mind. Thanks again

See What I See Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]