FORUMS: list search recent posts

Field Production Rig

COW Forums : Field Production

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derek Natzke
Field Production Rig
on Jan 24, 2011 at 1:46:39 pm

Hello,

This May, I will be going to Ghana, Africa. I will be shooting some footage and interviews in remote villages. If you were me, what would be a good package to put together for this trip? We are a non-profit and the idea is to see this equipment be used for other projects as well. This will need to be a small but effective set-up. I am a one man show.

Please share on these areas but don't be limited to:
P2 or something else? What about storage/back-up? Power inverters? Lighting/bounce kits? Microphones? Tripods? Cases? Since I am the only production person, should I pre-ship or travel with the gear?

Thank you,

Derek

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Field Production Rig
on Jan 25, 2011 at 1:20:51 pm

Budget is a big factor.
Do you own anything as of this moment?

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Jayasri Hart
on Jan 25, 2011 at 8:23:16 pm

I bought a Sony HVR-Z7U for a similar trip because it shot to both tape and CF cards. I shot DVCam for that project but it also shoots HDV which may not be your format of choice. I traveled with my Z7U and its accessories, two 970 batteries, Sennheiser ME66 and pistol grip, one Tram lav--all in a Strut bag. Ahead of time, I contacted fixers and production companies in the city I was arriving at who arranged for tripod and light-kit rental and also provided some additional services like getting permits and collecting and sending wild sound to me after I got back.

Jayasri Hart
Los Angeles, USA
htp://home.earthlink.net/~hartfilms

Return to posts index

David Jones
on Feb 2, 2011 at 6:23:20 am

Though I haven't used it, I would recommend the JVC-GY-HM100U: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/597842-REG/JVC_GY_HM100U_GY_HM100U_Pr... It's small and shoots 1080p to SD cards @35mbps. Of course, if you have a bigger budget, I can offer other recommendations.

Dave J

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]