FORUMS: list search recent posts

Remote Cameras

COW Forums : Field Production

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stef Allan
Remote Cameras
on Jan 12, 2011 at 5:03:01 pm

Hello,

I've been trying to do research on this and have found out a lot about equipment but have had a hard time finding information on putting this into practice.

I'm going to be working on a show that will require some remote cameras in rooms and offices without an operator present in the room. The budget is adequate to pretty much do whatever we want, but the low profile of a smaller camera would be nice (and the producers won't have a problem with keeping the cost down either).

Some points:

1.) Right now, I'm interested in the new Panasonic AW-HE100, as it seems to fit the bill as an all-in-one low-profile device. I'm not totally sold on it though, as I feel it might actually be more useful to have a pan-tilt head that is separate from the camera and can be used for other purposes. Basically, it seems like the AW-HE100 wouldn't be useful for too many things after this show.

2.) I am under the impression that no matter what, I will need to run cables to a recording device and to a pan-tilt-zoom controller. We could probably hire an electrician to wire the rooms, and could also run cables through ceilings when appropriate. Is this thinking misguided at all?

3.) We probably won't need more than one camera out at a time. It seems like it would make the most sense to just move the camera around manually rather than purchase an army of them. Is there any reason beyond prep time that we might not want to do this?

I would welcome any thoughts on this thread and would also love to talk to anyone who has experience and would be willing to get in touch. My "internet-proof" email is: bigstef.allan@gmail.com.

Thanks,
Stef

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]