FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mounting Arri 16mm SR2 in car interior

COW Forums : Field Production

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John craven
Mounting Arri 16mm SR2 in car interior
on Jan 12, 2011 at 2:32:36 pm

Hello,

Wondering if any of you all have some good advice for mounting an Arri 16 SR2 in a car interior. It is for a music video that is all contained in a car interior, so we will be having many different types of setups.

Return to posts index

Ken Maxwell
Re: Mounting Arri 16mm SR2 in car interior
on Jan 14, 2011 at 1:41:53 pm

First off I'd get a big car. Shoot any and all exteriors of the car. I seriously doubt that you can shoot anything other than a close-up with the camera in the car so I would remove the windshield, cut a large hole in the roof for lighting access (and possibly shooting), roll all of the windows down, get a door mount, a hood mount, tow it all on a genny equipped car hauler, drive down the road and shoot away. I presume that you will be shooting this production to a track playback and not recording it live.
Good luck,
Ken

P.S. How did you get such a job if you had no idea of how to shoot it?

Return to posts index

John craven
on Jan 14, 2011 at 3:19:56 pm

Hey Ken,

Thanks for the info. This is a personal project. Also, for the whole video the camera will be inside looking outside: no actors just the settings, so we will be using all natural light. We will have a few exteriors of the car, but those will be on a tripod. I just want to get a steady shot in the interior of the car. You have any ideas with that?

Return to posts index

Ken Maxwell
on Jan 14, 2011 at 3:57:14 pm

Oh. That's different.
If you are using the car as a camera platform I would suggest either a gyro stabilized mount or, lacking that type of mount, shoot from an SUV with rear seats folded down and mount the camera on baby legs or a hi-hat, well sand bagged, and shoot out of rolled down side windows. also, an SUV has enough vertical height to shoot out the rear from a hi-hat or baby legs. Short of shooting through the windshield, a hood mount would seem to be the best way to shoot straight ahead.
I would chose a smooth street to drive on (if possible) and reduce tire pressure.
Again, good luck.
Ken

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]