FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio out of sync when exported as reference movie

COW Forums : Field Production

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Celeste koen
Audio out of sync when exported as reference movie
on Dec 15, 2010 at 8:12:25 pm

I DESPERITLY NEED URGENT HELP!!!
I am a beginner when it comes to final cut but have mastered the editing part of the program (I think) the problem is, when I export the movie as a QuickTime or reference the audio is out of sync, only half a second but still out of sync. I have tried to export using compressor 3.5 but don’t know how to compress so that there is only one mpeg 2 file with both video and audio, currently there are an audio and video file. I want one File (mpeg 2) to import in IDVD.

Please can someone help me, the frustration is getting the better of me and my apple might just change into a bird through my window.

Return to posts index

Scott Sheriff
Re: Audio out of sync when exported as reference movie
on Dec 18, 2010 at 7:39:58 pm

This would be better to post in the FCP forum, since a lot of the other editors don't come here.
But, the answer is don't export a reference movie. Export a self contained movie, using your current settings.
It helps to know what type of footage your using, and what your sequence settings are, and desired output, so posting that stuff helps.
If a self contained movie is out of sync, some likely suspects are 44khz audio tracks in the timeline, sequence setting isn't correct for the codec/frame rate. Often this will involve the use of 24fps footage.
Why use iDVD?
Normal professional FCP to DVD workflow:
FCP export self contained QT>Compressor>DVD Studio Pro

Scott Sheriff
Director
SST Digital Media
http://www.sstdigitalmedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]