FORUMS: list search recent posts

Powering Anton Bauer, Core SWX 14.4 batt to Mac Book Pro 15" 2015 or later model

COW Forums : Field Production

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Lee
Powering Anton Bauer, Core SWX 14.4 batt to Mac Book Pro 15" 2015 or later model
on Sep 6, 2018 at 3:51:03 am

I've not been able to find a powering solution that will allow me to use any 14.4V batteries from Anton Bauer, Core SWX to provide clean 19.4V battery to a 2015 Mac Book Pro battery. Need to offload lots of high capacity camera media in the field. The typical DC-AC inverters only work at 11.9-12.7VDC. Anything higher will shut it down. Carrying 12VDC sealed lead acid batteries is simply not physically possible. It's heavy and cumbersome. I also bought step down voltage adapters. That too wouldn't work in the long run due to the high current draw. It burned and melted at one time. The Mac Book Pro 15" consumes from 50-85W depending on how busy the CPU load is.

I tried various 3rd party Mag Safe adaptor and unfortunately, it fried the board. Spent $700 to have it replaced and now very reluctant to use any 3rd party Mag Safe product. It seems that the Mac Book Pro is very sensitive to using only the 85W AC adapter with its own proprietary ID chip to charge the internal battery.

Anton Bauer QRC-MBPA Gold Mount seems to be a logical choice. But couldn't find the discontinued cigarette to Mag Safe adaptor. I recalled this is the airline adaptor that no longer in production.

Is there any commercially available powering solution for Mac Book Pros?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]