FORUMS: list search recent posts

American Football game video production behind goal posts

COW Forums : Field Production

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andre Anthonio
American Football game video production behind goal posts
on Jul 24, 2017 at 9:48:59 pm

I need help making decisions to improve my sports video production capability and work flow.

I shoot American Football games with one manually operated single camera (Canon XHA1) at the 50 yard line. But now, in addition to the 50 yard line footage, I would like to film games from both end zones at 27' above the ground with giant carbon fiber tripods (non manually). Then quickly sync all the video from the three cameras in Sony Vegas Pro to create playlists for HUDL and YouTube.

I shoot a lot of games across multiple youth leagues and on the same dates. So, my work flow must be as quick as possible including renders.

1. For my normal 50 yard line video, I think I'm settled on upgrading to the the Panasonic HCX 1000s ($2300 each). I'm not crazy about the complaints over its low light limitations (I do shoot night games) but everything else, especially at this price break, seem to be perfect. I have yet to see a better option with the 20x optical zoom lens capability without entering the $4k range.

2. I'm currently unsettled regarding the fixed cameras on top of the 27' tripods. At the moment I'm thinking that my best option would be the Sony FDRX3000 because: 1. Light weight, 2. Long recording time, 3. Water proof, 4. Remote Control wi/fi, 5. HD/4K recording, 6. SD card recording, 7. Live video preview, 8. and only about $500. But I'm not sure if Sports Action cameras like this and/or others like the Go Pro we're intended to be used for sports recordings at a fixed position?

My next pick would be the Sony FDRAX33. But exposing a more expensive ($850) camera to the elements (rain and sun) 30 feet above the ground on a regular basis scares the crap out of me.

3. For to sync all footage of the three cameras, I'm leaning on a Tentacle Sync devisces system ($600). But I'm not clear if I will experience any limitations or what challenges I may have importing the video in Sony Vegas Pro 13/14?

I would more than appreciate any comments and recommendations.

American Football Films Panama

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]