FORUMS: list search recent posts

Crew operation procedure

COW Forums : Field Production

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Murphy
Crew operation procedure
on May 9, 2013 at 10:19:30 pm

Hey Guys,

I am a film student doing my first"professional" gig... I had a quick question that came up as I was building the crew... Who is it on the crew that traditionally picks up, checks, and returns the equipment, grip trucks, etc...

I know its a stupid question, but, hey... If I don't ask I will never know.

Thanks, Everyone!

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: Crew operation procedure
on May 14, 2013 at 3:39:19 am

Differes a lot depending on the size of the crew.

Key Grip might have the direct responsibility for seeing everything gets back on a large crew shoot. Or the production coordinator if it's an even bigger shoot. The actual driving is often done by any assistant you trust who has the proper credentials. Which is to say clean driving record, Class B or whatever your state requires if it's a large truck - and who can be added to the often required grip truck insurance rider as an additional insured driver.

On a small crew, it's often who ever is taking financial responsibility for the gear - which is often the predator (producer/director/editor) or who ever is at the top of the financial food chain who can't get out of the necessary scut work due to power or seniority.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]