FORUMS: list search recent posts

frame rate question

COW Forums : Field Production

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike McVittie
frame rate question
on Oct 27, 2010 at 9:06:42 pm

I have a Sony nxcam and have been using 29.97 I have tried 24fps and have found it very choppy. am I doing something wrong? I want to get a nikon d7000 for a second cam and it only shoots 24fps. will it be choppy video or should i get the sony a55 that shoots 29.97. I do want both cameras to shoot the same format. How do I get 24 fps to look good? sorry for so many questions
Mike

Sony NXCAM

Return to posts index

Fernando Mol
Re: frame rate question
on Nov 2, 2010 at 8:19:04 pm

That will depend much on the post production software you use. True is that it's better to capture video at the frame rate your final delivery will be.

Return to posts index

Davd Keator
on Dec 4, 2010 at 8:19:46 pm

The choppies comes from two issues:

1: slow pans etc get choppy from image stablization.

2: fast movement choppies comes from slow shutter speed...

Many people like the film effect ie motion blur... I say yuck. Shoot at shutter of 1/96 or 1/120... Good compromise...

Many pros shoot at shutter as high as 1/250 or so to get zero blur! That make special effects motion tracking ect... Way better... Let the film transfer give you the film effect of motion blur...

Return to posts index

Davd Keator
on Dec 4, 2010 at 10:42:51 pm

The choppies comes from two issues:

1: slow pans etc get choppy from image stablization.

2: fast movement choppies comes from slow shutter speed...

Many people like the film effect ie motion blur... I say yuck. Shoot at shutter of 1/96 or 1/120... Good compromise...

Many pros shoot at shutter as high as 1/250 or so to get zero blur! That make special effects motion tracking ect... Way better... Let the film transfer give you the film effect of motion blur...

Return to posts index

Fernando Mol
on Dec 4, 2010 at 10:45:52 pm

How can a film transfer give you motion blur? You mean adding it in post?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]