FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any interest in a product that will monitor an internet broadcast and send you an email (or text) when the stream stops?

COW Forums : Classifieds, Retailers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Hauge
Any interest in a product that will monitor an internet broadcast and send you an email (or text) when the stream stops?
on Jun 18, 2016 at 3:27:22 am

I wondering if anyone else here that has a good interest in a product that will monitor an internet broadcast and send you an email (or text) when the stream stops? I know I need this kind of thing and I didn't want to spend the many thousands of dollars needed to buy one of the 'enterprise' type solutions for this so I've contacted a developer I deal with and he said that he can make a solution for this issue for a comparably inexpensive price compared to the devices mentioned above...

If this is something that you'd be interested in, please reply here and we can discus this to see if the product we're already making (and almost finished with) will be something that can sell to others...

Would love to talk to more people about this to see what's the most important to you about this type of product..

Thanks!
--James

Return to posts index

James Hauge
Re: Any interest in a product that will monitor an internet broadcast and send you an email (or text) when the stream stops?
on Sep 7, 2016 at 8:56:44 pm

Just wanted to post an update on this project of mine!

We've been having an issue with the part of the system we're building where it checks the sound...

I'm getting much closer to having the total solution...

We've pretty much exhausted the purely software type of solutions because of some limitations of the hardware we're starting with so now we're looking to add a few bits of hardware to the project so that should get our audio checks working... just sent the project specs from my developer to his hardware engineer a few days ago to get the hardware lined up properly... this shouldn't increase the hardware cost of this device by much...

We've even added that it can call me on the phone when there's a problem! (This does have an additional cost of an outside service to make the phone calls, but only costs a couple dollars a month.)

We currently have a product that I'm using all the time and power consumption is very low, even though it's working through wifi.. I think that this device will be a great solution for any one that does online streaming for more than a few minutes at a time... Once we get the Audio part working, I believe that we'll even be able to customize the upper and lower threshold so that if it's too loud or too soft for too long it'll let you know.

Send me a message if you'd like to discus this project!
--James

Return to posts index

James Hauge
Re: Any interest in a product that will monitor an internet broadcast and send you an email (or text) when the stream stops?
on Sep 23, 2016 at 8:15:37 am

Another update on this product...

I just spoke with my developer, and the audio hardware has been designed and built (10 initial units have been made) for testing...

I would love to talk to anyone that'd be interested in a product like this!

It's brand new, just coming out, so I'd be happy to give discounts to a few people who wanted to work with me on getting the final testing working with different setup's...

Also, if anyone is interested in selling them for me, I'd be happy to discus it with them and how to move forward with that!

--James

Return to posts index

Chuck Johnson
on Mar 12, 2017 at 10:24:38 pm

James send me an email and let's talk.

Chuck
cjohnson@bbwcg.com

Return to posts index

James Hauge
on Mar 12, 2017 at 10:44:39 pm

Email sent!

Looking forward to chatting with you!

Return to posts index

James Hauge
on Mar 17, 2017 at 2:03:20 am

Hey Chuck,

I sent you an email at the email address you provided a few days ago. I am sending another email to you now.

Haven't heard back from you so just wanted to check in...

Thanks!
--James
hauge.james@gmail.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]