FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mic stand with boom arm?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Car
Mic stand with boom arm?
on Mar 22, 2018 at 4:12:21 pm

I am working on a series of audio podcast conversations with 2 or 3 cardioid microphones. My locations vary (usually the guest's office, a nearby conference room, or whatever we can find).

I am looking for portable microphone stands with a boom arm. The standard mic stand with a round base is awkward for speakers who have a lot of notes they would like to keep in front of them.

I don't like the standard scissor arms that clamp to the desk. My locations vary and that setup isn't always practical. They also seem very sensitive to vibrations.

I am looking for something like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BPELU68/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B00...

^ I know that is stand is not meant for podcasting, but do you think it could work? It's the closest thing I could find.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
Re: Mic stand with boom arm?
on Mar 23, 2018 at 12:28:29 am

That's a very good choice. The price is right and it will do the job very well. Place a piece of rubber mat under the stand to dampen any table noise.

"I push the RECORD button and hope for the best"

Return to posts index

Brian Car
on Mar 23, 2018 at 3:17:28 pm

Thanks Eric! Appreciate it.

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Mar 23, 2018 at 1:07:51 am

Hell Brian,

While I agree with Eric, I would steer you to Countryman E6 mics. They ride very gently on the ear and you never have be ticked off because your guest wandered off mic and sounded like, well you know.

Here's one with an XLR. They are available with many different connectors. https://bhpho.to/2G3TB0x

Regards,

Ty Ford
Cow Audio Forum Leader

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]