FORUMS: list search recent posts

Distorted audio from PreSonus AudioBox USB 96!

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg C Neumayer
Distorted audio from PreSonus AudioBox USB 96!
on Mar 1, 2018 at 7:11:33 am

Hi there. I'm wondering if anyone has any insight for an audio problem I'm having. I'm starting to get to the end of the Presonus Technical support patience, as it looks like theres a software problem going on. Here's the problem and my specs. Hopefully someone's had something like this pop up. Thanks for any insight.

Problem: Within the last few months, something changed and now audio recorded in any app (Quicktime, StudioOne, Live), from any source (vocal mic, guitar) into the PreSonus AudioBox 96 sounds distorted and reverb-y, a bit like I added an effect called "Make it sound like a Star Wars blaster vocoder"

I'm guessing it's software/config related, since the Box does work on my laptop without problem (OS 10.11.x), however the problem persists on my main mid-2010 Mac Tower (10.10.4 and recently 10.10.5). (Noteworthy?: Just plugging in the box crashes to the USB my 2008 Mac tower.)

I've tried installing and uninstalling the Universal Control driver software (but according to the manual, it's not required for Mac).

Tried different USB ports, cables. I'm out of ideas. It just sounded weird the other day when I went to use it, but it's been a couple months since I last used it, so there's no telling what could be conflicting.

Going bonkers. I'm almost ready to upgrade to High Sierra just to see if that changes something. .. almost.
Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved