FORUMS: list search recent posts

DIY talkback/voice of god type setup

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Lent
DIY talkback/voice of god type setup
on Oct 23, 2017 at 1:34:25 pm

Hi All,

im woking in a simulation centre for a medical school, my backround is AV. We are kitting out our new rooms. the setup is similar to a recording studio, where the student replaces the artist in the booth and the instructor replaces the producer in the control room.

we need the student and the instructor to be able to talk to each other but the student has to be hands free so this mic should always be on. the actual audio quality is not important as long as its legible. i was thinking of a DIY voice of god setup to prevent feedback where the instructors mic is activated by a button, although instead of killing the student mic i would prefer if it maybe just reduced the gain/level by 50% as killing it might make it difficult to understand.

can anyone make any suggestions on how to do this either DIY or on the cheap? i was always more video than audio so did setup a multicam recording to server, maybe i could run the talkback through the server also?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
Re: DIY talkback/voice of god type setup
on Oct 24, 2017 at 7:01:32 pm

Will the instructor be willing to wear a headset (headphones with microphone wand)?
Or does the instructor need to be "hands-free" also?

There are many wired and wireless intercom products of various descriptions on Amazon.
From the kind that people put at their front door, to the kind that drive-through bank tellers use.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keyw...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recording audio without metering and monitoring is exactly like framing and focusing without looking at the viewfinder.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]