FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can we do this with Gh5+Inferno for the audio ?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Soumendra Jena
Can we do this with Gh5+Inferno for the audio ?
on Sep 4, 2017 at 12:00:56 am

We are shooting an interview in 4K 10bit 24fps and we need to have our audio+video in both Gh5 and Atomos Ninja Inferno as well.
NOTE : Audio+Video together and not separately, which would need sync again in the NLE. Client needs the audio + video together in one file.
Workflow :
Panasonic GH5 connected to Rode Video Mic PRO. 
Ninja Inferno Connected to its Breakout audio cable, which connects to two : Rode NTG4+ and a Zoom H5 (Zoom H5 is connected to a Rode Lava Mic)
So, I want that, when I hit record button in the Inferno, the GH5 should get record its own video + audio (from Rode Video Mic Pro) and write to its Sandisk SD Card and at the same time, Ninja Inferno getting its audio from the Rode NTG4+ and video both writing to its SanDisk SSD.
And Zoom H5 recording separate audio through the LAVA.
So, basically at the end of the day, 1 have 3 things.
GH5 FILE - Audio+Video in single 10 bit mov file.
Inferno FILE - Audio+Video in single ProRes mov file.
Zoom H5 - Audio wav only for the whole interview.
Possible ?

Return to posts index

Brian Reynolds
Re: Can we do this with Gh5+Inferno for the audio ?
on Sep 4, 2017 at 4:30:34 am

The info you need is so VERY specific and the chances of anyone doing EXACTLY the way you want to would be very rare indeed.
So as a suggestion gather the gear together connect it all up and actually see if it will do what you want it to, your in the best position to test it all out.

Return to posts index

Soumendra Jena
on Sep 4, 2017 at 4:32:49 am

If its you, how would you do it ?

Keeping in mind, you have all the gear ready.

I hate syncing audio with video in post, which is why Im asking for so much pain to have audio video in single file, so its easier for me for cuts

Return to posts index

Brian Reynolds
on Sep 4, 2017 at 9:17:22 am

Yes have to agree with you separate audio files are a real pain....

I do a lot of dual / Multi camera shoots for interviews etc (my role is location sound).
My normal setup is a Sound Devices 442 mixer (XLR outs) feed camera 'A', (Hirose output) feeds camera 'B' and the (direct outs) of the inputs feed either a Zoom F4 or H6 recorders and recorded at 48k/24bit (for a backup) and often there is a requirement for a 'offline' MP3 file for the producer.

Firstly by using a DSLR camera limits your audio setup but only just a little bit.

So as a suggestion is use a location sound person and an audio mixer (your budget may allow for it but it may not).
The mixer will allow the mics to be controlled easily, in your case it pan one mic to the Left and the other to the Right and then take the output of the mixer and feed any number of audio recorders / cameras that you want.
The mixer output could be fed to the cameras / recorders either wirelessly or via cables.

If you are doing a one person shoot you have probably bitten off to much, 2x Camera, lighting, sound is just asking for problems. Your brain will struggle to keep up.

Return to posts index

Hugh Hill
on Sep 12, 2017 at 12:36:22 am

Soumendra Jena,

Have you ever tried using PluralEyes (software) it does all the syncing for you and saves you all the headaches?

Hugh

"There are those who may,
And those who will,
Or so they say.
Lastly there are those special few,
Who say nothing -
But in their actions DO! (HH)

Return to posts index

Soumendra Jena
on Sep 12, 2017 at 12:54:05 am

I use final cut pro audio sync

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]