FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Mixer question (for camcorder videography)

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kathy Lewis
Audio Mixer question (for camcorder videography)
on Aug 17, 2017 at 5:27:32 pm

I'm looking into buying my first wireless mic system and it comes with a mixer. It's a "Quad Lavalier System".
I'll be connecting this directly to my camcorder when I record my videos or podcasts, or what have you.

My question is:
Will the mixer force all 4 audio feeds into a single track? Or can I record all 4 audio feeds as their own individual track?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
Re: Audio Mixer question (for camcorder videography)
on Aug 17, 2017 at 11:49:23 pm

It seems extraordinarily unlikely that you will be able to record four separate audio tracks. It would require a mixer with four separate (or two independent stereo) outputs. And a rather high-end camcorder with four inputs.

But without any identification of the wireless mic systems, the mixer, or the camcorder nobody can provide a definitive answer to your question.

Typically, the mixer will take the four (or however many) inputs and mix them down to two tracks ("stereo"). And a typical camcorder will record two tracks ("stereo").

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recording audio without metering and monitoring is exactly like framing and focusing without looking at the viewfinder.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]