FORUMS: list search recent posts

Learning audio

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wesley Harrison
Learning audio
on May 8, 2017 at 1:27:43 am

Hello audio professionals,

I recently bought an AT4053b and a Tascam DR-60D. I have some experience with low end shotgun mics and simple recorders. I'm looking for some resources to learn how to better understand the concept of audio and how to make the best use of my new gear. Since it is so important in video making, I want to dive deep into the elements of audio and start to master them. Do any of you know any tutorials, books, forums, articles, etc. that would be a great comprehensive place to start?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Bruce Watson
Re: Learning audio
on May 8, 2017 at 9:57:22 pm

Jay Rose's book Producing Great Sound for Film & Video pops into mind. Covers all the bases and then some.

Return to posts index

Brian Reynolds
Re: Learning audio
on May 10, 2017 at 10:38:30 pm

As a suggestion Wesley is actually get out and use your gear rather than just read instructions....

I did some teaching for some secondary age students at one stage and gave them an audio task of create a 'sound picture' of 30 seconds duration (not 29 or 31 seconds, exactly 30 like a radio commercial).
The title I gave them was 'coffee' where they needed to record the sounds, edit, and mix a sequence that matched the task.
They could use any recorder and edit program they chose (Audacity is a good FREE program), some of the results were VERY creative and others were quite bland.....

Just a suggestion.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]